- I signed up for Puppet Post - how do I use it?
- Puppet Post is a mailing list, so to make a posting to it, you send an email to the list's address (see the welcome email you got when you subscribed to the list for the address.) Please see the List Etiquette page for guidelines on composing your posts and replies.
- Help! I'm not receiving emails from Puppet Post!
Unfortunately, email systems are inherently unreliable, but there are a few things you can do to increase the chances that you'll receive all of the posts to Puppet Post:
- Sometimes, you've actually received an email from a list like Puppet Post, but your mail system as put it into a "spam" or "junk" folder. Check your mail client for these kinds of folders. If you find Puppet Post emails there, look for a way to mark them as "not spam". How you do this will vary from mail system to mail system, but doing this will help train your mail system to recognize Puppet Post's address as a legitimate email address.
- If you use a webmail system, you might want to add the list address to your address book, as many systems will reduce the spam checks they run on emails that come from addresses in your book.
- Do keep in mind that this kind of list has busy days and not so busy days, and it's not uncommon for there to be absolutely no posts on slow days.
- How do I access the list archives?
We have discovered that our ISP uses a configuration that does not allow us to delete anything from the list archives or even disallow access to them if needed. As this is rather awkward, we have disabled the archives for now. You'll still see a link on the list information page to an archive with the first few test and welcome messages, but no new messages will show up there. The list moderator will be collecting messages sent to the list and will work on manually building an archive, so that old messages can be viewed while retaining the ability to remove something if there is a genuine extenuating (or legal) need.
- How do I find my list password?
Your list password is needed to change your message receiving preferences. This password was sent to you in the subscription welcome email you received when you first subscribed to the list. If you've lost that email:
- Go to the list information page (see above)
- At the very bottom of the page, look under the "PuppetPost Subscribers" section, for the line that reads "To unsubscribe from PuppetPost, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription email address: "
- Enter the email address that you use for Puppet Post in the box on the next line and select the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button.
- On the next page, you'll find the "Password Reminder" tool at the bottom. Just select the "Remind" button and an email will be sent to you with your list password.
- I sent something to the list that I want to take back. Can you delete my posting?
- Unfortunately, once you send something to the list, it is emailed back out to everyone on the list, so there's no possible way to "take back" a post. Be very careful about what you send to the list - check over your posts carefully and be sure you really want to send whatever you've put together.